The Pretend Store Thursday at Lyon County Extension Office allowed local preschoolers an opportunity to Christmas shop for family without having to spend a dime and without Mommy and Daddy knowing what shows up for them under the tree. Family and Consumer Science Agent Angie York said the Extension service has hosted the holiday bazaar for children for many years, and it is made possible largely due to Lyon County homemakers. Local homemaking clubs donate a variety of merchandise from which a child may choose for mothers, fathers, siblings, grandparents and even themselves; or they donate money that the Extension service uses to fill in gaps for gift choices. Homemakers are also on hand to help the youth pick presents suited for each relative and to wrap the gifts once they are selected.
- Kuttawa Huck's celebrates remodel
- Lyons far from idle in wait for 2020 season
- Social distancing altering grieving of deaths
- Lyon adjusting to life with COVID-19
- Lady Lyon Brown named All-Resilient Teamer
- KSP releases details of Monday murder-suicide
- Frankfort moves ahead amid coronavirus pandemic
- Madisonville Real ID office opens
- 35 cases: Ky. extending public assistance during outbreak
- County seeks volunteers to ease difficulties
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.