Club Dates and Times:
Lake Barkley - 2nd Monday, 6:30 p.m.; Saratoga - 2nd Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.; Fairview - 2nd Friday, 1:30 p.m.;
Eddyville - 3rd Tuesday, 1 p.m.; Quilt Club - 4th Monday 10 a.m.
For more information, call 270-388-2341.
• HOPE FOOD BANK is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays. The food bank is located off Main Street in Eddyville in the former jail building. Donations may be made at the Lyon County Extension office at any time.
• LYON COUNTY SENIOR CENTER serves lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to noon. For persons 60 and older, the donation is $3. For persons below age 60, the charge is $5. Water, tea, milk and coffee is included with the meal. Call 270-388-2171 for more information.
• LYON COUNTY ADULT LEARNING CENTER offers free general education development (GED) classes Monday through Thursday. For more information phone 388-2158.
• ROSE HILL MUSEUM in Old Eddyville is open from 1 to 4 p.m., Thursday through Sunday until Oct. 21. Fees are $5 for adults and children under 12 are free. The museum is located at the intersection of Ky. 730 and Water Street.
• HOMEMAKERS CLUB meet at the Lyon County Cooperative Extension office located at 231 Main Street in Eddyville. Join as a member at large and participate in activities or join a specific club.
• WATERCOLOR ARTISTS GUILD of Trigg/Lyon/Caldwell meets from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. on the first Monday of every month at the John L. Street Library (basement) in Cadiz and the third Monday of every month at the Lyon County Public Library in Eddyville.
• CALDWELL-LYON GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP meets at 2 p.m. each Monday at the Caldwell/Lyon Baptist Association building, 45 Old Connector Rd. The sessions are free. For more information phone Carma Lee Chandler at 365-6578.
• EDDYVILLE CITY COUNCIL meets on the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
• VFW POST 5595 OF PRINCETON has its monthly general membership meeting on the third Monday of every month at 6 p.m. at the Veterans Home 121 E Main St. in Princeton.
• LYON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION meets at 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month except in May and December when the board meets at 6 p.m. the on the third Monday.
• KUTTAWA CITY COUNCIL meets on the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
• LYON COUNTY BASS CLUB invites all interested persons to join them for meetings at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of each month at The Cabin on U.S. 62 in Kuttawa. The club's motto is "to learn from each other to become better fishermen."
• LAKES AREA ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY meets the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Lyon County Public Library on Fairview Avenue. For information, phone 270-965-5061.
• LYON COUNTY AMBULANCE BOARD monthly meeting is the third Monday of every month at 5 p.m.
• LYON COUNTY FIRE DISTRICT 1 will be meeting the first Monday of the month at the Friendship Station at 7 p.m.
• LYON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK CLUB: Meets the last Monday of every month, 4-5 p.m. at the library.
• LYON COUNTY WATER DISTRICT meets on second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 a.m. at 5464 U.S.62 W. in Kuttawa.
• • GOD'S HELPING HANDS, located behind Faith Fellowship Assembly on U.S. 62 between Suwanee and Lake City, is open each Tuesday, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Clothing, furniture and household items available. Donations accepted. Phone Betty Musgrove 270-875-3987.
• LYON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY Board of Trustees meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. at the library.
• LYON COUNTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SBDM Council will meet the third Tuesday of each month at 3:15 p.m. in the Elementary School.
• LYON COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL SBDM COUNCIL will meet on the first Tuesday of each month in the Middle School conference room at 3:15 p.m.
• JOPPA LODGE EDDYVILLE meets the first Tuesday. Meal at 6 p.m., meeting follows at 7 p.m. The Order of the Eastern Star meets the third Tuesday of each month at Princeton Lodge. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. and is preceded by a potluck meal at 6 p.m.
• EDDYVILLE WOMAN'S CLUB meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month (except January and February) in the Lyon County Library Community room at 10:30 a.m. Visitors are always welcome. For more information, call 270-388-2123..
• LYON COUNTY FIRE DISTRICT 2 meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Suwanee Fire Station.
• AMERICAN LEGION POST 68 charity table bingo is held the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Post's building at 373 Lakeshore Drive in Kuttawa. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. This is a smoke-free environment, concessions are available and the public is invited to attend. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.