Cathryn Brown has had a remarkable season on the golf course.
She capped it with a top three finish in the state tournament. Although Brown was hoping for a win just as her brother did five years ago, she was still all smiles at her final three finish despite the conditions.
Brown finished the first round just one stroke over with a 73. And only one shot off the lead, Macie Brown of Bullitt East and Claira Beth Ramsey of Madison Central.
Brown shot 38 on the front nine and 35 on the back nine. Brown shot a second round score of 74 at the 36 hole event, to bring home 3rd place.
This is not Brown’s first appearance at the state tournament. After leaving basketball to dedicate her time fully to golf, she has continued to improve at the state tournament since her 12th place finish as a freshman and 7th place finish as a sophomore.
Some of Brown’s accomplishments just this season include:
- Tied for 5th place at the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour.
- Tied for 11th place Thursday at the Kentucky Girls’ Junior PGA Championship.
- Qualifier for Natural Resource Partners Bluegrass Junior Tournament which qualified her for American Junior Golf Association events.
- Tied for 17th place Thursday at the USGA Girls’ Junior Qualifier at Heritage Hills Golf Club.
- Tied for 20th in the first American Junior Golf Association Tournament in Ashland.
- Tied for 3rd in the Kentucky Girls Junior Amateur.
- Third place at the Greatlife Junior Challenge in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Won the Marshall County Invitational.
- 1st place in the Women’s Bowling Green Invitational at the Bowling Green Country Club.
- Tied for 7th in the 2021 Kentucky Golf Coaches Association All-State Championship.
- 2021 1st Region champion.
- 3rd place in the 2021 state tournament.