The Lyon County Fiscal Court hosted a meeting April 8, its first April meeting.
The court discussed Ordinance No. 02-2021, which is setting speed limits on county roads. It was the first reading of the proposed ordinance. There were 14 county-maintained roads proposed for speed limit revision in the ordinance.
Lyon County Sheriff Brent White submitted speed limit revisions.
“Most of the state speed limits are recognized in increments of five,” White said.
The road conditions that affected the court’s decision-making were elevation, turns, gravel and pavement condition, and surrounding area, e.g., commercial, residential, industrial.
The court also heard the first reading of the 2021-22 annual budget. The budget’s total is $6,951,764 million. There was no discussion regarding the budget.
In other business
• There were no visitor comments.
• The court approved March 2021 meeting minutes.
• The court reappointed Brenda Brown and Carrol Wadlington to the Lyon County Public Library Board.
• Roger Quinn, Electrical Inspections L.L.C. requested to serve Lyon County as an electrical inspector.
• The Sheriff’s Activity Report for March 2021 indicated 70 warrants/arrests; eight accident/scene assists; 14 criminal cases opened; 65 court processes; and 346 complaints/calls for service — among other activity.
• The court approved the annual standing order to pre-approve recurring expenses for payroll, telephone, and utility expenses.
• Treasury transfers were approved.
• The court considered bidders in the salt auction. Ultimately, they decided to postpone the auction and wait to make any awards.
• The court awarded an HVAC bid to Murtco, Inc.
• The annual Search and Rescue Order of Affiliation was accepted.