Last week, the Herald Ledger brought our readers a “Meet the Candidates” feature covering this year’s local elections. Each candidate that was running opposed in the primary elections in May was contacted with the same three questions and asked to provide a response of 25 words per question.
This week, we are proud to bring you “Meet the Candidates: Part 2” in which each candidate running unopposed on the ballot was contacted with the same three questions and asked to provide a response of 25 words per question. We wanted to ensure that all those holding office had a chance to address constituents.
If a candidate is not listed below, it means the Herald Ledger did not receive a response from them. Each candidate is listed by name, the office they are running for, and the party they are running as. Their answers have not been altered with the exception of minor edits for grammar and spelling.
The questions each candidate was asked are:
1. Why did you decide to run for this office?
2. What impact do you hope to have on the future of Lyon County, if elected?
3. What qualifies you for this office?
Quin Sutton —Magistrate — 2nd District (Republican
1. I have always
lived in Lyon County.
My love for the community and its citizens were the
driving forces that caused me to run for magistrate
2. I hope to provide all the services that are needed for the citizens of Lyon County, while still being fiscally responsible with taxpayer money.
3. My qualifications for the office include 29 years of working in the public sector as an educator in public schools, as well as a serving currently as a magistrate.